Boeing 747 Restaurant of South Korea
Family, Kids & Health Stuff
- In Latest Round of Tests, 10 of 13 Toys Have Low LEvels of Toxic Stuff (But Those Other 3...) - (TheDailyGreen) "How did Candyland fare? Or Thomas toys? See HealthyToys.org results here." (video in post)
- 7 Smart Uses for Vinegar - (TheDailyGreen) "Save money, feel better and get clean clothes and a non-toxic home."
- 7 Tips for Healthy Pets - (EcoSalon)
Beauty & Fashion Stuff
- Making Poop Beautiful: L'Oreal Cosmetics to Run Factory on Cow Waste - (EcoGeek) "It's great to see a large beauty company like L'Oreal making substantial commitments to reducing their emissions and water use. Now, to get them to make significant changes in their packaging and ingredients..." Our thoughts exactly!
- Dying Your Hair Without Harming the Environment - (EcoFriendlyDaily.com) "...a list of hair dyes that are natural and can be easily purchased online."
- Pamela Anderson's Shoes - (EcoFashionWorld) "...the PETA activist will soon be launching a line of vegan shoes to complement Muse, the new eco-friendly collection by designer Richie Rich..."
Tech & Science Stuff
- Green chemistry happens: Olestra finds a new use - (Enviroblog) "Painting the wall with potato chips... Olestra, the laxative fat substitute, could represent a green replacement for hazardous volatile organic compounds (VOCs) in newer low voc paints."
- Portable, Solar-Powered Speakers for Your Summer Parties - (EcoGeek) Now, these are kinda cool...
Nature & Environment Stuff
- Sixty Percent of American Live in High Pollution Areas - (TakePart Social Action Network)
- The 8th continent: Pacific Ocean garbage patch - (Mother Nature Network) "A zone of the Pacific Ocean larger than the U.S. has more plastic floating in it than sea life. It's an environmental disaster, and it's all our fault."
- Will Arctic Summer Ice Disappear By 2015 - (Global Warming Is Real)
- 18 Beautiful Rainbows from Around the World - (Environmental Graffiti) Pretty...
- Escaping Global Warming: Climate Refugees in Alaska - (EarthFirst) "Residents of a tiny coastal town in Alaska will soon be among America’s first climate change refugees, forced from their homes by flooding caused by melting permafrost."
- DEforestation - Sting, Google, trees - (CTN Green News) "Rising rates of deforestation around the world have a double environmental whammy..."
Arts, Entertainment & Travel Stuff
- Recycled Appliance Music - (GreenMuze) "Considered to be the world’s only kitchen appliance rock band, Norwegian Hurra Torpedo use recycled stoves, washing machines, freezers and dryers to create their unique industrial style music." Watch their cover of Total Eclipse of The Heart on YouTube (video in post).
- Toronto Hot Docs Festival - (GreenMuze) "Canada’s coolest documentary film festival – Hot Docs – is about to get underway in Toronto from April 30-May 10, 2009...is North America’s largest documentary film festival..." Watch trailers of some of the more notable entries (videos in post).
- BarterQuest - Trade goods, services and real estate...trade both locally and internationally. Let someone else reuse what you don't want anymore.
- The greenest countries in the world - (Mother Nature Network) By the way, the US ranked 39th out of 149 countries...we're not the worst, but we can certainly do better.
- The Boeing 747 Restaurant of South Korea - (Environmental Graffiti) "A Boeing 747, the first jumbo jet to be flown commercially, sits in South Korea – a decommissioned airliner that found a new lease of life converted into a restaurant."
Political, Social & Economy Stuff
- The Official WH Photostream | Pete Souza - (Obama Pics Daily) Some really great pics here.
- As Specter moves to Democratic Party, will he help pass a climate bill? - (Grist) "Specter, a moderate who sits on the Senate Environment and Public Works committee, has been considered a key swing vote on climate and energy, among other issues."
- Obama's first 100 days of coal - (Grist) "With those proverbial first 100 days coming to a close, here are ten moments—some good, some confusing, some hair-raising—in the short swift time of coal in the Obama administration’s new era of 'clean, renewable energy that will lead the 21st century.'"
Other Random Cool Stuff