Obama Supports $10,000 Tax Credit for "Free" Vasectomies...April Fools!!
- Cozy on (C)up - (ecofabulous) Here's a reuasable alternative to disposable coffee cup sleeve...for the occasions when you forget to bring your own travel mug to the coffee shop.
- There's Good Chews, and There's Bad Chews - (Ecosalon) We're talking about chewing gum. "Modern gum is mostly made up of petro-based polymers. Essentially, you’re chewing plastic...a better option: Chicza, an organic, biodegradable, agave-sweetened gum made completely from chicle tree latex, the old-fashioned way."
- Organic is Not the Answer (by itself!) - (Eco Child's Play) Because "junk food is junk food"...even if it's organic.
- Ben & Jerry's 'fools' us into taking action - (Mother Nature Network) "Ben & Jerry's revealed today that they were behind a website that touted 'perfect milk from perfect cows.' It was there April Fool's joke with a serious message behind it."
Beauty & Fashion Stuff
- Green Fashion Show Opens Miami Fashion Week - (Eco Fashion World)
- BiCoastal Style Gone Green: Doie's Spring 2009 Collection - (Eco-Chick) Lovin' the dresses in this collection.
Tech & Science Stuff
- MIT Scientists Build Virus-Powered Batteries for Your Next Electric Car - (Fast Company) is this for real or an April Fool's joke?
- The Electronics Recycling Superguide - (Sierra Club: The Green Life) What to do with your old gadget once you've upgraded to the latest and greatest.
Nature & Environment Stuff
- Blue Planet Expedition: Alexandra Cousteau's Study of Water Issues Around the River Ganges in India - (Blue Living Ideas) "This is the the second post in a six post series that follows Alexandra Cousteau’s Blue Planet Expedition, a 100 day journey to 5 continents to study the interconnectivity of water." (video in post)
- How Cigarette Butts Harm the Environment - (EcoWorldy)
- Convenient truths: Climate, scarcity and abundance - (Mother Nature Network) "Al Gore, step aside. Saul Griffith has a slideshow that makes 'Inconvenient Truth' look like a warmup...an accurate model of an individual's contribution to climate change, and how to solve what is clearly humanity's greatest challenge." Video definitely worth watching!
Arts, Entertainment & Travel Stuff
- Robert Redford, NBA, And NRDC Team Up For First-Ever NBA Green Week - (Ecorazzi)
- First Look: DiCaprio's TAG Heuer Ads Benefiting Green Charities - (Ecorazzi)
- Crazy LED disco: Hight style, low energy - (Mother Nature Network) "Club NOX in Brazil redefines disco style using computer-programmed LED's." For all you international clubbers!
Political & Social Stuff
- Reception with the Queen - (Obama Pics Daily) Queen Elizabeth looks so little next to everyone...lovin' Obamas huge ear-to-ear grins in all the pics.
- From United Green: Stimulus Breakdown Episode 1 - Green Jobs Act - (Green For All) Here's series of YouTube videos that helps explain various aspects of the Recovery Act. Great info for everyday Americans.
- Obama Supports $10, 000 Tax Credit for "Free" Vasectomies - (Eco Child's Play) We've been trying most of the Apr Fool's blog posts out there, but this one was just too funny to us - haha!
Other Random Cool Stuff
- Eco-easter series: green gifts for under $10 - (Celebrate Green)
- Pauline Tiffen on the Challenges of Fair Trade - (Change.org: Fair Trade) Pauline Tiffen is a Fair Trade consultant and discussed the idea of Fair Trade ownership at debate that took place at the London School of Econmics. (video in post)
- San Fran Quits Junk Mail - (GreenMuze) "...he first city in the USA to give junk mail the boot."