Honest Food Labels - Saturday Morning Cartoon (The Good Human)
Family, Kids & Health Stuff
- Soft Toys With A Green Touch: Earth Friends, Natural Pod, BellySprout, Harper Reed & Under The Nile - (EcoStiletto) Super sweet earth friendly toys for your little ones.
- The Posion in Your Teeth - (GreenMuze) "...what about the mercury that an estimated 50% of North American dentists continue to put into their patients’ mouths."
- Toxic Toy Food! - (showtheLOVE)
- Pesticide Exposure Linked to Parkinson's Disease - (TheDailyGreen)
- Recipe for crispy lovers: Crispy Kale Chips - (Celebrate Green) Now this sounds interesting...will have to try this out.
- Sip a Drink, Save the World: 7 sustainable Spirits Worth Imbibing - (Fast Company) Mmmm...eco-drinks! (slideshow in post)
- Two important food videos on Hulu - (Mother Nature Network) "Two full-length movies that can change that way you think about food are now available to watch free through Hulu."
- Banana: A world-changing fruit - (Mother Nature Network) "'Banana' by Dan Koeppel peels open the environmental and political issues facing the world's favorite fruit."
- Honest Food Labels - Saturday Morning Cartoon - (The Good Human)
- Teflon cookware - (Mother Nature Network) Yes...they're bad!
Beauty & Fashion Stuff
- Eco-Jewels From Recycled Glass, Metal and Vintage - (EcoStiletto) "Chances are your new gold (or silver) trinket was made from metal mined with cyanide and other Earth-poisoners. Look beyond the traditional jewelry store for alternative pieces that are as gorgeous as they are sustainable." EcoStiletto has some discount codes, too!
- Kitson Keeps It Green With Launch Of New Organic Clothing Line - (Ecorazzi) If you're a fashionista in LA, you know Kitson...and now there's organic!!!
Tech & Science Stuff
- Ford Fusion Hybrid Hypermiles Its Way to 80+ MPG - (Sustainablog)
Work & Business Stuff
- Great Green Job of the Week: Wildlands Organizer, Wyoming Wilderness Association - (EarthFirst)
- Green Job Listings - April 26, 2009 - (Green Gigs)
School, College & Student Stuff
- Green College Spotlight: Yale University - (EarthFirst)
Nature & Environment Stuff
- Major Rivers Worldwide Experience Decreased Flow - (AboutMyPlanet.com) Ummm, this could be a major problem...
- Twenty Years Later, It Isn't Over: Riki Ott on The Peter Laufer Show - (Chelsea Green) 20 years after the Exxon Valdez oil spill.
- Texas Oil Company and Executives Guilty of Violating Safe Drinking Water Act - (Blue Living Ideas) "...for illegally dumping refinery wastes at an underground injection well." That's nice, huh?!!
- Dow Chemical Sponsors Fishing Even in Waterways it Contaminated - (EarthFirst) "The corporation, which has polluted property and poisoned thousands of people since its inception in the 1890s, is not only sponsoring a sports fishing event in a waterway they contaminated, but they reportedly even offered to send the fish that are caught to local food banks. How generous of them!"
- Eyes on the Prize: 6 Environmental Leaders to Know - (ecofabulous) "Each year the Goldman Prize recognizes environmental heroes from the six inhabitable continents with an award of $150,000."
- 12 Fantastic Floating Cities and Artificial Islands - (WebEcoist)
Arts, Entertainment & Travel Stuff
- Hugh Jackman Chooses Winning Charities For $100K Twitter Donation - (Ecorazzi)
- Meet The Garbage Moguls - (GreenMuze) "A new series, Garbage Moguls...follows the TerraCycle team’s unorthodox creative process...while working to build a profitable business with products composed entirely of trash."
- Norway Considering Banning New Gas-Only Cars by 2015 - (EcoGeek) "Any cars sold in the country from then on would have to be able to run at least partially on electricity or other alternative fuels. Hybrids and biofuel-compatible cars would be allowed."
- Scotland Yard Converting Half of Their Fleet to Electric and Air-Powered - (EcoGeek)
- Fast Cities: Taipei, Taiwan - Zero Landfill, Total Recycling - (Fast Company) "Taipei has strived to achieve "zero landfill, total recycling" by 2010, 30 years ahead of the UN's trash targets."
Political, Social & Economy Stuff
- Tell Congress to Stop Mercury Pollution from Chlorine Plants - (Oceana) "Even though 95 percent of US chlorine is made without the use of mercury, four outdated plants continue to use old technology and collectively release hundreds of pounds of mercury into our air and water every year. "
- Gore and Gingrich bump heads at House climate hearing - (Grist)
- Forget Gore and Gingrich. Listen to Warner - (TheDailyGreen) "Sen. Warner linked global warming and national security, a connection that all conservatives should heed."
Other Random Cool Stuff
- Battery Recycling: How to Recycle Pink Fur - (Ideal Bite) "Hop into recycling mode. Whether rechargeable or alkaline (yep – both kinds are recyclable), getting rid of your batteries in an eco-friendlier way is as easy as banging a drum."
- Mother's Day Gift Guide for Sexy Mobile Moms - (Autotropolis) Coco-Zen Truffles-To-Go made it onto the list for "Traveling Chocolate"...woo hoo!
- The Environmental Effects of Toothpicks - (AboutMyPlanet.com) "...toothpicks are not actually an environmentally friendly product...the reason comes from where they come from..."
- Eco-Wedding Bells Are Ringing - (EcoSalon)
- Are you addicted to plastic? - (Enviroblog) "...new indie film Addicted to Plastic: The Rise and Demise of a Modern Miracle." (video in post)