Project P.U.M.A. - Electric "enclosed" scooter that drives itself.
- The 10 Easiest Vegetables to Grow at Home - (EcoSalon) Maybe we'll finally start our own veggie garden!
- Grow Easy: 15 Foolproof Plants for Organic Gardens - (WebEcoist) ...and here's another list of easy to grow veggies (some overlap with previous post).
- A Green Wind for your Window: Eco Astor Recycled Cotton Magic Blinds - (Green Your Decor)
- Off The Grid Ecopod - (GreenMuze) Maybe one of these can be placed in the backyard for a "guest home"?
- Worm Factory Compact Composting Kits - (Inhabitat) "The Worm Factory promises odorless year-round operation, and with its compact footprint, it can even be used in apartments."
- VOTE NOW in the Spring Green Design Competition! - (Inhabitat) Some neat designs for the home here...we kinda diggin' the "Phone Book Coffee Table".
Beauty & Fashion Stuff
- Ethiopian Eco-Shoes - (GreenMuze) "The soleRebels Collective makes some of the most stylish and green footwear on the planet."
Tech & Science Stuff
- Project PUMA (Personal Urban Mobility and Accessibility) - eclectic electric richshaw. - (CTN Green News) Made by the guy who brought us the Segway, this "enclosed scooter" is "intended to drive automatically — almost by themselves — allowing human passengers to relax and sit back while their P.U.M.A navigates traffic." What...by itself??!!
- Zero S Electric Motorbike Available for Purchase - (EcoGeek) "...you can get yourself an electric motorbike with a top speed of 60 mph, 32 horsepower and 62 ft lbs of torque for less than $10,000."
- It's On! Portland and San Francisco Battle For Electric Car Domination - (Gas 2.0)
Work & Business Stuff
- Wind Officially Employs More Than Coal Industry - (EcoGeek)
- Green Job Listings - April 6, 2009 - (Green Gigs)
- Green Jobs for War Veterans - (Live Earth) "Green jobs are truly the way of the future and Veterans Green Jobs has taken this and run with it by providing career training for military veterans returning from Iraq and Afghanistan." Video in post.
- Green summer jobs for youth in D.C. - (Mother Nature Network) "What better way to break into the green collar economy than with a green collar job for the summer?" We should have this everywhere...keeps kids occupied over the summer break and do something green!
School, College & Student Stuff
- Green College Spotlight: University of Colorado at Boulder - (EarthFirst) "The University of Colorado at Boulder has one of the top environmental studies programs in the country, and it’s also one of America’s greenest schools..."
Nature & Environment Stuff
- 20 Incredible Picture Of Rice Terraces From Above - (Environmental Graffiti) Just some really cool pics.
- 10 Animals on the Brink of Extinction - (EcoWorldly) Sad...
- Green Apple Festival - (showtheLOVE) "...Earth Day is right around the corner, providing lots of opportunities for us to be a good earth citizens, and teach our kids about volunteering. Green Apple Festival, April 17-19 is a great place to start."
Arts, Entertainment & Travel Stuff
- Musicians Align to Protect Appalachians from Mountaintop Removal - (EarthFirst) "Sheryl Crow, Emmylou Harris, Kathy Mattea, Big Kenny Alpin and other musicians are coming together in a new campaign called Music Saves Mountains..."
- The Top 10 Eco-Friendly Hotels - (Fast Company) "...TripAdvisor has put together a list of the top 10 eco-friendly accommodations as selected by the site's editors and members."
- Cool Globes keep rolling - (Mother Nature Network) "Cool Globes, a big eco-awareness art exhibit, is still rolling after two years. Next stop: Los Angeles for Earth Day."
- MasterPEACE.org - "Artwork made by children to help save the children." Started by the son of our good friend Jen at showtheLOVE, this site shows us just how amazing kids can be.
- What Was - and Wasn't - Achieved at the G20 Summit - (Chelsea Green)
- The World's Greenest Roller coaster is Pedal-Powered - (EarthFirst) "It’s frightening enough to imagine taking a ride on a man-powered ferris wheel. However, a pedal-powered roller coaster takes the whole “eco amusement park” thing to new heights – literally."
- Olympics, Economy Give China Cleanest Air In A Decade - (The Huffington Post)
Political & Social Stuff
- Key bill for Clean Energy Corps passes: Serve America Act - (Green For All) "This historic legislation will dramatically increase service opportunities in the U.S., and will deploy service as a strategy to address our nation's toughest challenges..."
- Van Jones, Re:visionary - (The Inspired Economist) "In a recent interview...Van spoke of the need to revision the way we do things. He spoke of soul level redemption. And he spoke of the need for human recovery. Listening to him you can’t help but be caught up in his articulate passion and belief that there is a better way out of this mess we’re in." Video in post.
- Surprise Visit to Iraq, Pt 1 & Pt 2 - (Obama Pics Daily) Once again, the comments on these photos are hilarious.
- Energy politics shouldn't depend on whether you're Republican or Democrat, says Chu - (Grist) Here, here!!
Other Random Cool Stuff
- Empire State Building Going Green - (AboutMyPlanet.com) "In New York City, the majority of greenhouse gas emissions come from the buildings, 78 percent of the emissions to be exact. Twenty-five percent of these emissions are from commercial buildings--with electricity being the major reason."
- Spreading the Wealth Without Spending a Dime: Donate sprots equipment and bicycles - (Living Green Below Your Means)
- Preparing Plastiki - (Oceana) "British adventurer and environmentalist (and hunk) David de Rothschild is set to lead an expedition this summer across the Pacific Ocean in the Plastiki, a 60-foot vessel made entirely out of recyclable plastic -- mostly bottles." Video in post.
- Recycling plastic gift certificates - (Mother Nature Network) "...Earthworks, an eco-friendly manufacturing and recycling company, recently launched its Retailer Gift Card Return Program. It allows retailers and consumers to send in cards for recycling so that the gift of these cards can live on and on."
- Eco Easter Eggs - (Mother Nature Network) "DIY your dye" by using stuff from your kitchen.
- Love to your mother: Earth Day facts and figures - (Mother Nature Network) Just some interesting info...
- Why can't I recycle pizza boxes? - (Mother Nature Network) "Food, it turns out, is one of the worst contaminants in the paper recycling process." This is why we package our chocolates in tins and not paper boxes.