Family, Kids & Health Stuff
- Insect Repellents: Wanna stop the bugger before they get away with it? - (Ideal Bite) "Throw them off your scent. Prevent kid bug bites with plant-based, nontoxic repellents."
- Quinoa: Super Grain with Environmental Benefits - (ecomii) There's also a yummy Quinoa Paella recipe in this post.
- Eco-Destroy Your Dog Or Cat's Fleas With Shampoo - (EcoFriendlyDaily.com) Here's a lineup of eco-friendly flea shampoos to try on your four-legged friends.
- Manage Your Actual Energy In A Video Game - (EcoGeek) "Folks, the term 'EcoGeek' officially has new meaning..." Seriously, this is for real (virtually real??).
Tech & Science Stuff
- Ford Engineer Builds 125 MPG 3-Wheeler, Puts It On Ebay - (Gas 2.0) "It’s a street legal, two-passenger, 3-wheel motorbike that is made from aircraft materials. Oh, and it is capable of a top speed of over 100 mph."
Work & Business Stuff
- Green Job LIstings - May 12, 2009 - (Green Gigs)
- Eco-Friendly Career Guide - (Green Gigs) Some "advice from eco-pros" in various fields.
School, College & Student Stuff
- College Students Demand Higher Tuition to Pay for Green Projects - (EarthFirst.com) "...a growing number of college students are actually asking to pay more, as long as that extra money goes toward green projects on campus..."
- 'The Story of Stuff' a Hit in Classrooms - (EarthFirst.com) "The lifecycle of stuff – it’s something that most kids never even consider. Yet, a video that makes the journey of possessions from their creation to their disposal easy to understand for children has become a hit in classrooms across America." This is a great video that EVERYONE should watch!
- Green College Spotlight: Emory University - (EarthFirst.com)
- Doodle 4 Google contest Shows Kids Thinking Green - (Ecorazzi) Kids can be so inspirational...
Nature & Environment Stuff
- Cancer Chemical Found In Whales - (AboutMyPlanet.com) "We live in a chemical soup..."
- Evictions Underway: Nature Gives Notice - (EcoSalon) "In the future, rising sea levels are going to drive people out of their low-lying communities and up to higher ground. But you might not know it’s going on right now."
- 10 Most Diabolical Insects On Earth - (Environmental Graffiti) Ewww...these are some serious creepy crawlies!
- World's Highest Ski Run Melted Away - (EcoWorldly) "Bolivia’s Chacaltaya Glacier, once known as the world’s highest ski run at 17,388 feet, has completely melted away, serving as a vivid example of the effects of climate change on the glaciers around the globe."
Arts, Entertainment & Travel Stuff
- Tom Hanks Writes To The New Yorker About His Electric Toyota RAV4 - (Ecorazzi) Oh...just 'cuz we love our eco-celebs.
- Food Industry Gets A "Fresh" Look In New Documentary - (Ecorazzi) "In the new film Fresh, director Ana Joanes examines the farmers, thinkers and business people across America who are re-inventing the food system." (video in post)
- Clickable Humor: Photo Blogs to Make You Laugh - (Trend Central) The Sexy People and Awkward Family Photos blogs are freakin' hilarious!
- Ganges River Dying - (AboutMyPlanet.com) "One of the most important rivers in human history and the most important river in Southeast Asia...has an incredibly amount of pollution in it that is spelling disaster for hundreds of millions people."
- Belgium Goes Easy On The Meat - (Do The Green Thing) "...an entire city in Belgium is going vegetarian once a week... And they're distributing 90,000 Easy On The Meat street maps so people can find vegetarian places to eat all over town." How cool is that?!
Political, Social & Economy Stuff
- Let's pass the Toxics-free Babies & Toddlers Act in California! - (Environmental Working Group: Take Action) "We're working hard to pass the Toxics-Free Babies & Toddlers Act in California - a strong, effective law to minimize young children's exposures to bisphenol-A (BPA). We hope you'll speak up, too. Because without your voice, your state representatives in Sacramento won't know just how important this is to Californians."
- American Scientist Revisits Limits to Growth - (Chelsea Green) "The May–June 2009 issue of American Scientist looks back at the predictions of the landmark environmental work Limits to Growth ...and finds that its startling environmental warnings were generally right on the money."
- Waking Up in a Former Empire at the End of the Industrial Age - (Culture Change) "Or: Is It 'Mean' to Tell Someone Their House is on Fire?" Seriously as Americans, we need to wake up! We found this article to be interesting, thoughtful & insightful.
- Cap and Trade: What is it? - (EcoGeek) Here's a little video that explains this legislative concept with some quick snarky attitude. Watch and learn.
- USDA Announces $50 Million in Grants for Farmers to Switch to Organic Practices - (Eat. Drink. Better.) "...a first step in organic agriculture gaining a more widespread acceptance in the federal government and within the farming community."