"...youngster wanted to see if the President's haircut felt like his own."
- Enjoy Pothole Possum Stew at the RoadKill Cook-Off - (EarthFirst) Some may gag, some may find this funny...
- Coke - The Plant Thing? - (GreenMuze) "Coca-Cola is attempting to join the eco-masses in trying to find greener alternatives for their corporate products. The multi-billion dollar global company recently announced the PlantBottle made from renewable, recyclable, plant-based plastic."
- Municipal Solar Financing: The Biggest Revolution that You've Never Heard Of - (Red, Green and Blue) "...allows homeowners to pay for solar panels through property tax bills over a 20 year period. The bills carry a fixed interest rate and stay with the house, so there’s no need to worry about paying for panels on a house you don’t live in anymore."
- VIDEO: In habitat Green Tour of BKLYN Designs - (Inhabitat) For all you eco-design/furniture junkies...some cool items in the video.
Beauty & Fashion Stuff
- Eco Hair Dye: Did your Bond with hair dye break when you found out you were preggers? - (Ideal Bite) "These safe dyes use plant- and food-based colors to hide your roots or boost your hue. That means no harsh chems, such as ammonia, infiltrating your body."
- Cheap Teen Jewelry Full of Lead, Study Finds - (EarthFirst) "Inexpensive fashion jewelry sold at teen stores like Wet Seal, Forever 21, Claire’s and Charlotte Russe is laden with lead..."
- Eco Underwear Trends - (eco fashion world) We're not so sure about the "Recessionista Look", but happy to see some interesting options for eco-friendly undies.
- 3 Green Shaving Cream Alternatives Better than the Norm - (Feelgood Style)
- The Newest Eco Plastic Jewelry from Paris is from Sexy Batucada - (Feelgood Style) These are unique and different.
Work & Business Stuff
- Great Green Job of the Week: Public Relations/Marketing Intern, Northwest Natural Resource Group - (EarthFirst) "Northwest Natural Resource Group is seeking a summer intern in Port Townsend, Washington to assist with development of case studies of successful Northwest Certified Forestry (NCF) and NW Neutral landowners."
- Green Job Listings - May 15, 2009 - (Green Gigs)
Nature & Environment Stuff
- Magnetic Termites Are the Architects of These Gian Monoliths - (Environmental Graffiti) If you're into nature and bugs, this is kinda cool.
- 30% Ocean Mercury Rise Linked to Asian Coal Plants - (EcoWorldly) "World wide, 75 percent of human exposure to mercury is from the consumption of marine fish and shell fish. In the U.S., about 40 percent of all human exposure to mercury is from tuna harvested in the Pacific Ocean..."
- Organized Criminals Stealing Bees in the UK - (EarthFirst) Kinda scary that the bee situation is getting this bad that people are actually stealing them.
- Water Wars Strike Ahead of Predictions - (EcoWorldly)
Political, Social & Economy Stuff
- Touching Obama's Head - (Obama Pics Daily) "President Barack Obama bends over so the son of a White House staff member can pat his head during a family visit to the Oval Office May 8, 2009. The youngster wanted to see if the President's haircut felt like his own."
- Being an Embarrassing Soccer Dad - (Obama Pics Daily)
Other Random Cool Stuff
- Twitter For Trees: Help Plant 100,000 Trees With U.N.E.P. - (Ecopreneurist) "All you have to do is ‘follow’ http://twitter.com/unepandyou and they will plant a tree."