Family, Kids & Health Stuff
- Baby's Toxic Tub - (Safer States) "Dozens of top-selling children’s bath products are contaminated with cancer-causing chemicals..." Not so "pure & gentle".
- SC Johnson To Phase Out Phthalates - (TheDailyGreen) "The personal care product giant will also disclose all ingredients on its Web site - an important step in reducing any toxic exposure from common products."
- Kiwi Disguised as Asparagus - (Cookus Interruptus) "Chef Jamie Oliver gets insensed by what we feed our kids for lunch." Watch, and you will be too. (Who thinks chef Oliver is hot?!)
- Teen Scientist Discovers Splenda Stays in Our Water Supply - (EcoSalon) "...the artificial sweetener sucralose...might be invisible to the bathroom scale - but can pose a hefty danger to fish and other living creatures because it accumulates in the water supply after people excrete it." Not good!
- Cadbury Creme Eggs Get A Conscience - (Fast Company) Finally something Fair Trade in the US from a big chocolate company!
- iPura: The World's First Food Safety Brand - (Fast Company) Initially will only deal with seafood. "The first products to receive the iPura seal will include tilapia, salmon, and catfish. Soon after, iPura will begin inspecting poultry, meat, and produce."
- Banana drama: Enjoy them while they're cheap? - (green LA girl) Looks like bananas could eventually be wiped out by disease.
- Organic Cotton Swabs - (EcoFriendlyDaily.com) Yes, they do exist!
- How And Where To Recycle Your Old Carpet - (The Good Human) Planning on finally taking out that old carpet? Read this.
Beauty & Fashion Stuff
- Pulled from the Gossy Pages - (EcoSalon) Lucky has a new online Eco Sourcebook, "hosting pages of on-trend designers and the boutiques that support them."
Tech & Science Stuff
- Texas oilmen lead charge of 'green' energy exploration - (USATODAY.com) "'We're trying to catch the new wave, not get swamped by it...'" Now there's some smart thinking.
- MIT Battery Breakthrough Could Revolutionize Electric Cars - (Gas 2.0)
- 12 Eye-Poppingly Awesome Solar-Powered Concept Cars - (WebEcoist) Cool...wanna see same crazy looking solar cars? See pics above.
Work & Business Stuff
- Green Job Listings - March 12, 2009 - (Green Gigs)
- 10 Green Ways To Cut Business Costs - (Ecopreneurist)
Nature & Environment Stuff
- A Common Termite Killer Is the New Greenhouse Gas on the Block - (AboutMyPlanet.com)
- Climate Scientists: Get Ready to Fight Over Resources - (EarthFirst) Of course, all those global warming naysayers will be the first in line to get theirs.
- Prince Charles Says We Have 100 Months Left To Save Planet - (Ecorazzi)
Arts, Entertainment & Travel Stuff
- Buckingham Palace Worst of London's "Dirty Dozen" Energy-Wasting Buildings - (Fast Company) Sorry Charlie.
- Denmark Renovates Water Tower Into Green Student Housing - (Inhabitat) Great example of reusing something that most would just ignore.
Political & Social Stuff
- Stop Subsidies for Big Oil - (MoveOn.org) "Think oil companies should pay their fair share of taxes?" Read this and sign the petition.
- Governors: Don't subsidize bottled water - (New American Dream) Do you think state governments should spend state money on bottled water for government offices instead of just drinking from the tap? If so, read and sign this petition.
- Obama braces for big oil backlash - (Mother Nature Network) "Obama goes after Big Oil tax credits, and the industry is not happy."
Other Random Cool Stuff
- Earth Hour To Claim Empire State Building, Other NYC Landmarks For Lights Out - (Ecorazzi) "Starting at 8:30pm, the Big Apple will join 1,000 cities around the world in turning off or dimming the lights to draw attention to climate change."
- Microsoft Looks to Cut Carbon Footprint 30% by 2012 - (CleanTechnica)
- Giant Eco-Egg Skyscraper: A Conceptual Luxury Hotel - (Inhabitat) Very interesting.
- Earth Hour: The Right Way (and the Right Reason) to Participate - (Living Green Below Your Means) Video in post.
- Special Tip: Sell (Or Buy) Stuff for The Sierra Club On Facebook! - (Sierra Club: The Green Life) "Want an easy way to get rid of your old junk and be good to the planet? Sierra Club supporters are joining celebs like Seal and Missy Higgins to make a difference through our 'virtual garage sale.'"