Family, Kids & Health Stuff
- FDA Science Board talks BPA, again - (Enviroblog) "Sure, it's important to discuss chemicals and their toxicity for humans. But there comes a time for action. Like right now."
- When to Buy Organic: High organic food prices giving you the chills? - (Ideal Bite) A list of foods most recommended to buy organic, especially if you're on a budget...and who isn't these days?
- Soy Powerful: How Monsanto Pushes Genetically Modified Soybeans on Unwilling Consumers - (EcoSalon)
- Check out Quarry Girl! - (Green With Glamour) For all you vegans out there...here's an "online guide to all foodie things vegan here in Los Angeles... listing and reviews of not only vegan joints, but many “regular” restaurants that serve animal-free faire... also has a scrolling list of links to vegan guides in other cities."
- Non Toxic Wool Dryer Balls - (showtheLOVE)
Tech & Science Stuff
- Pacific Gas & Electric... & Solar - (EcoGeek) "...it’s kind of amazing to think that utility juggernauts like PG&E (as well as Southern California Edison and Duke Energy and NRG Energy) - which were once fossil fuel behemoths – are now building solar power plants of their own."
- Flexible Touchscreen E-Paper Signals the Rise of Touchscreen Everywhere - (Fast Company) Watch the short video in the post...this is kinda cool.
- Combined Heat and Power (CHP) Will Dramatically Increase Efficiency and Can Create Up To One Million Green Jobs - (Global Warming Is Real) So...what are we waiting for??
- Toshiba Develops OLED Television Wallpaper - (CleanTechnica) What???
- Raleigh, N.C. to Install Plug-in Hybrid Charging Stations - (Gas 2.0)
- The Coral-200: A Solar Powered Phone for the Masses - (Inhabitat) It's $40!!
- Toyota Wants to Build Car From Seaweed - (Wired) Now, that's a green car - haha!
Work & Business Stuff
- Green Bid Madness - Feb. 25, 2009 - (Green Gigs) This week's list of green jobs to bid on.
Nature & Environment Stuff
- "Under the Sea" is Here at Last - (Oceana) IMAX's latest 3D underwater documentary opened in theaters nationwide on Feb 13th. Narrated by Jim Carrey, "Under the Sea" is a follow-up to IMAX's Deep Sea 3D.
- Climate Change Researchers Discover Carnivorous Sea Squirt 4,000 Meters Underwater - (EarthFirst) Strange little sea creature...
- California Drought Already Affecting Farmers - (Eat. Drink. Better) ...and soon it will be affecting everyone!
Arts, Entertainment & Travel Stuff
- Borat's coming to a cell phone near you - (Celebs Gone Good) How much would you pay for a celeb voicemail answering your phone? A bunch of celebs have recorded voicemails that are being auctioned off to benefit the International Medical Corp.
- Reverb Rock Helps Musicians and concer Goers Go Green - (EcoLocalizer)
Political & Social Stuff
- Stevie Wonder in Performance @ the WH: The Library of Congress Gershwin Prize - (Obama Pics Daily) Once again, Mrs. Obama looks absolutely gorgeous!
- Road To The Doghouse: Obama First Pup Coming In April - (Ecorazzi) So, they're finally getting that dog.
- Keith Olbermann on Congressional Twitter Gaffes [video] - (Red, Green and Blue) Looks like congressional politicians like to Twitter.
Other Random Cool Stuff
- Lending Club and Virgin Money Team Up to Salve the REcession With Social Network Lending - (Fast Company) Now this is an interesting idea...
- Carbon Micro Credits for the Developing World - (Fast Company) ...and another interesting idea. Of course, we really need to focus on reducing carbon/methane emissions in developed nations as that's where most of it comes from.
- The Economy and Homeless Kids: Donate Old Toys to Help - (Living Green Below Your Means)
- Do One Thing: Save Ink & Reduce Waste By Making Small Adjustments To Your Printing - (The Good Human) These are some simple no-brainer tips.
- 9 things YOu Can Give Up For Lent That Will Help The Environment - (TheDailyGreen) Even if you aren't Catholic!