- O for All - (ecofabulous) "...O Organics (found in your local Safeway, Vons, and other grocer chains) has slowly climbed to include over 300 certified organic products - at prices you can afford." It's great to see organic really start to go mainstream. We love Safeway's O line of foods!
- Alarming Levels of Pesticides Found in Fruits and Vegetables - (Green Energy News) "Studies Show Startling Quantities of Dangerous Pesticides in Conventional Fruits and Vegetables..."
- Xeros – The Waterless Washing Machine Could Save Gallons - (AboutMyPlanet.com) We'll be interested to see if this makes it to market.
- Homemade Dishwasher Detergent - (Recycle Your Day) May have to try this out ourselves!
- Waterless Car Wash Products To Save and Protect Water - (TheDailyGreen) "Washing the car at home can cause pollution, but waterless car wash products can reduce the impact."
Beauty & Fashion Stuff
- Lawsuit Clams Lead Levels in Purses Too High - (Center for Environmental Health) "An Oakland nonprofit group filed a lawsuit Wednesday claiming that 16 retailers, including H&M, Kohl's Department Store, Macy's, Ross and Target, sell purses and wallets containing unsafe levels of lead."
- Green Shaven - (EcoSalon) Just for the guys...great roundup of green minded shaving products.
- Eco-Designers Embrace Full Figures - (EcoSalon)
- EWG's Healthy Home Tip 1: Choose better body care products - (Enviroblog)
- Recycle your bras for charity - (GirlSustainable.com) Yes...apparently those forgotten about old brassieres sitting in your drawers could actually be put to good use...don't throw them out!
- Affordable denim that's good for the planet - (Mother Nature Network)
Tech & Science Stuff
- Invisibility Cloaks May Shield Building From Earthquakes - (Inhabitat) Whoa...this is crazy science...how cool!
Work & Business Stuff
- Catch up with Van Jones: Video chat with the Special Advisor on Green Jobs - (Green For All) "From finding green jobs to funding green projects to figuring out what a Special Advisor for Green Jobs does exactly, Van Jones covered it all. " (video in post)
- Freelance & Telecommuting Green Jobs - 6/29/09 - (Green Gigs)
Nature & Environment Stuff
- That's not a UFO, it's Lenticular Cloud! - (EarthFirst) These are some crazy pics of clouds!
- Environmental Defense Fund: Climate Report - Life in a Very Different United States - (Sustainablog) "
- EPA Comes clean with List of 44 coal Ash Facilities - (Twilight Earth)
Arts, Entertainment & Travel Stuff
- Amy gets Smart about clean energy - (Celebs Gone Good) Actress Amy Smart has recorded a new PSA "to help spread the word about the American Clean Energy and Security Act aka the Waxman-Markey Bill..." and how to strengthen it. Check out the video in post.
- Stella McCartney Says Meatless Mondays Won’t Make You A Hemp Wearing Pot Smoker - (Ecorazzi) "It’s ok to just give up meat for one day, it doesn’t make you a vegetarian if you hate vegetarians, it doesn’t make you a cranky, hemp wearing pot smoker. It’s alright, it’s allowed - it doesn’t make you a kind of the person you don’t want to be. It just means you are doing something positive." Haha...we couldn't agree more!
- 10 Best Summer Music Festivals to Get Your Eco On - (WebEcoist)
- Next American City - Here's webiste/quarterly magazine that aims to improve our cities. "We observe, document and conceive realistic solutions about how to improve cities-how to ensure that future generations' lives are improved, and not made more dangerous or unnecessarily complicated by the decisions we make."
- GiftZip.com: A Greener Way to Give Gift Cards - (Do the Green Thing) "GiftZip.com provides users with free and direct access to hundreds of retailers' egift card pages, promoting greener gift giving and eliminating the plastic in the process."
- Earn Cash for Cutting Carbon - (TheDailyGreen) "Try out My Emissions Exchange, and get paid to take a bite out of global warming."
- Peru Uses New “Super Tree” Technology to Fight Air Pollution - (EcoWorldy) "The Super Tree acts like 1200 real trees, purifying the air for approximately 20,000 people a day, at the cost of only about $6." Hmmm...maybe a few of our cities could use one of these.
- A Life Sentence: Norway's Sustainable Prison - (Chelsea Green) "...a social experiment in Norway where prisoners are sent to a remote island to serve out their sentences in eco-friendly isolation..."
- 66 Percent Drop in Plastic Bag Use in China - (Live Earth) Okay...China is not know for it's environmental practices, but we could take a cue from their ban on plastic bags.
Political, Social & Economy Stuff
- The American Clean Air And Security Act: What Is It? - (The Inspired Economist) "At the time of this post, The American Clean Air and Security Act has passed Congress as Waxman-Markey. It will now go to the Senate. Supporter and opponents are divided over its efficacy. It is full of compromises needed to pass, but will these compromises make it ineffective?"
- The mighty agriculture sector gets their way with Waxman-Markey, but at what cost? - (Red, Green and Blue) "Big Ag wielded its mighty stick again in the weeks leading up to the passage of the Waxman-Markey climate change bill..."
- House Cap-and-Trade Bill: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly - (TheDailyGreen) More on the bill...
Other Random Cool Stuff
- Firework Alternatives: Ready to launch some explosive fun this Fourth? - (Ideal Bite) "Light up your holiday with safe, planet-friendly "fireworks" instead of the conventional kind."