Family, Kids & Health Stuff
- Soot Particle Health Risk Greater Than Thought - (AboutMyPlanet.com) "Fine soot particles caused by such devices as diesel engines, coal-fired plants, oil refineries and automobiles, have long been considered linked to cardiopulmonary disease..."
- Recipe: Mango Lime Salsa - (Cookus Interruptus) Mmmm...perfect for summer.
- 15 Best Foods to Improve Your Immunity - (EcoSalon)
- Food Policy Friday: FDA to Conform to EPA Standards for E.Coli in Bottled Water - (Eat. Drink. Better.) "Bottled water poses a threat due to possible perchlorate contamination and BPA leaching from the plastic, but it seems reasonable to assume that in the United States, bottled water is free from fecal matter. Yet until now, there were no requirements to test source water..."
- Agriculture of the Future: Japanese Plant Factories Methodically Produce Lettuce - (Green Living Ideas) "The Ozu Corporation’s plant factories, located all across Japan, grow lettuce and green leaves all day, every day in sterile environments that are uncontaminated by dirt, bugs, and even fresh air." ...Good idea...or not??
- Recipe: Mushroom Almond Pate - (living gwg) Mmmm...perfect summer party appetizer.
- Micky D's is going green - (Mother Nature Network) Hmmm...really? We'll just have to wait and see.
- Sneak Peek: Modern Cottage Idea House - (Jetson Green) This would be so cool as an addition for a home office or in-law. (video in post)
- 6 Surprising Sources of Air Pollution in Your Home - (TheDailyGreen) "Indoor air pollution often makes the air inside homes more unhealthy to breathe than air outdoors."
Beauty & Fashion Stuff
- Unchain My Heart - (ecofabulous) Love these super cool necklaces, earrings, rings, and bracelets that are "handcrafted in Venice, CA, bearing an artisan’s touch and statement-making rock n’ roll sensibility"...fashioned out of recycled chains and flea market finds.
- Recycled Plastic Shoes - (living gwg) Can't way we're huge fans of plastic shoes, but these are actually kind of cute...and made of recycled & recyclable plastic. Might have to give these a try.
Tech & Science Stuff
- Solar-Powered Trash Compactors Cut Costs and Emissions in Philly - (EcoGeek) "...powered completely by the sun and hold eight times as much waste as a typical city trash can..." We should have these everywhere!
Work & Business Stuff
- Great Green Job of the Week: Environmental Protection Specialst, U.S. EPA - (Earthfirst) "The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency’s State and Local Climate and Energy Program seeks a highly motivated and energetic person to help support state and local governments pursuing climate change mitigation."
- Telecommuting Green Jobs - June 4, 2009 - (Green Gigs)
Nature & Environment Stuff
- World's Weirdest Animal Babies - (Environmental Graffiti) Weird but cute...especially the little baby hedgehogs! Which one is your fave?
- 10 Creative Ways to Combat Climate Change: World Environment Day Special - (Environmental Graffiti) Some fun reading...
- World Environment Day: Investing in Carbon Capture and Storage - Nature's Way - (Global Warming Is Real) "Time to Give Forests, Mangroves, Peatlands and Climate-Friendly Agriculture a Bigger Role in Combating Climate Change, says just-released report by the United Nations Environment Programme"
- Global Warming Effects and Causes: A Top 10 List - (Planetsave)
Arts, Entertainment & Travel Stuff
- HOME Documentary Now Available Online in Delicious High-Definition - (Ecorazzi) "For FREE...until June 14th!"
- Traffic Jam Art Installation Staged in the Mountains - (Inhabitat) "...to illustrate the automobile’s impact on the landscape."
- Green Paws: A guide to Safer Flea and Tick Treatments - (Eco Child's Play) "The NRDC (Natural Resources Defense Council) has created Green Paws, a green living initiative, to help people keep their pets and families safe from toxic flea and tick products."
- Five Great Green Web Communities - (Twilight Earth)
- 'Green Spiderman' Climbs Building to Draw Attention to Climate Change - (EarthFirst) "A French climber known as ‘Spiderman’ scaled a 41-story building in Sydney on Tuesday to draw attention to climate change...without the use of a harness or ropes."
Political, Social & Economy Stuff
- Touring The Great Pyramids of Giza - (Obama Pics Daily)
- America's Greenhouse Obligation - (Change.org: Stop Global Warming) The US "has produced more greenhouse gas, in total, than any other nation... This places upon the US a moral obligation to lead the world’s response to the climate crisis. "
- Water, Israel and the Palestinian Authority: the Next Explosion? - (Red, Green and Blue) "...the World Bank recently released a report criticizing the water-sharing regime between Israel and the Palestinian Authority. While the report’s release is not a bombshell, it does serve to highlight how conflicts and competition over natural resources will only contribute to regional tensions."
Other Random Cool Stuff
- Inhabitat Father's Day Green Gift Guide - (Inhabitat)
- A breakdown of the 'Average' American's environmental impact - (Mother Nature Network) "If you've ever wondered how much the 'stuff' in your life impacts the environment, this is the chart for you."