Family, Kids & Health Stuff
- Upscale Baby Blog: Reviews of Stylish Baby Gear and Inexpensive Alternatives by Real Moms - There's a whole Eco-Friendly section, too! Good resource to check out.
- FreshEco: Health and Wellness - (Blog.HowYouEco)
- Navan Foods: The Allergy Free Food Shop - Here's a great resource for those with food allergies...and especially if your kids have them. We love that they're a mom-owned business!
- Chocolate Cake Day: Jan27 - (Foodimentary ~ Facts & Fun) Who knew there was a chocolate cake day?! Celebrate w/ this totally-worth-all-the-calories recipe - Warm Chocolate Pudding Cake. Don' forget to use Fair Trade chocolate & cocoa powder!
- Mercury Found in High Fructose Corn Syrup - (Eco Child's Play) "High fructose corn syrup is found in many processed foods, the obvious being soft drinks, candies, and other sweets. Also, beware of it in things you wouldn’t expect such as breads, cereals, yogurts, ketchup, and even some granola bars." Read the labels!!
- Cocoa prices surge on tighter supplies - (Confectionary News) Oh noooo!
- BIOWALLS: Living Walls Filter Out Toxins Indoors (VIDEO) - (The Huffington Post) How cool would it be work and/or live in a room where the walls are covered in plants!
- Not All CFLs are Crated Equal - (EcoGeek) Check out this post for guides to the best CFLs to go with.
- Solar-Powered I-Shovel Automatically Removes Snow - (CleanTechnica) Check out the video.
- How does you energy use measure up? - (Ideal Bite) Here are some gadgets to help you determine how much energy you're using.
- Green Steals of the Week: Netto Cub Crib & Changing Station - (Green Your Decor) Normally $625 each, these an amazing deal at $179.99 and $129.99.
Beauty & Fashion Stuff
- H&M Gets Recycled - (EcoSalon) '...announced its plans to not only incorporate more organic cotton in their spring collection, but also recycled cotton, wool, polyester and PET bottles from fabric remnants in production." Woohoo! If more big companies start offering organic/sustainable clothing, the prices should start to come down.
- Bubble and Bee Organic Deodorant Keeps You Fresh and Dry - (Feelgood Style) Anyone try this yet?? Wonder if it really keeps you dry.
- Unwired organic cotton bra: Great to wear with organic T-shirts - (green LA girl) One of the few "functional" everyday (read as no bows and frills) eco-friendly bras we've seen. Check out the post for more "green" bras.
Tech & Science Stuff
- Aptera Rolls Out First 2e Pre-Production Model - (Inhabitat) Can't wait to see these out on the road!
- Hot Air Balloons could Power Your House - (Inhabitat)
- Top 15 Most Eccentric & Innovative Electric Vehicles - (WebEcoist)
Work & Business Stuff
- Fair Trade Internship Opportunity - (Change.org: Fair Trade) "...looking for a college student or recent graduate with an interest in expanding the market for Fair Trade products. The Fair Trade program is focused on expanding availability and sales of Fair Trade products in retail stores."
- Gig List - Jan. 26, 2009 - (Green Gigs) Yesterday's list of green jobs.
School, College & Student Stuff
- Green College Spotlight: Georgia Institute of Technology - (EarthFirst)
- ClassWish.org Solves School Problems with a Click - (Eco Child's Play) A great way to help our schools get the supplies they need...please check the site out and see what your child's school needs!
Nature & Environment Stuff
- The View form the Seven Hightest Peaks on Earth - (Environmental Graffiti) Awesome!!
- Valhalla's Gateway: Iceland's Picturesque Infernos - (Environmental Graffiti) Ever see a geothermal lagoon (or "bubbling mud pool")? Take a look at these amazing pics.
Arts, Entertainment & Travel Stuff
- Sundance Pulls Stars Down to Earth - (Do Somthing.org: Celebs Gone Good)
- Patrick Dougherty's Incredible Nest Houses - (Environmental Graffiti) Crazy, but kinda cool.
- Ever Green: GreenPartyGood Ecofriendly Party Gear - (Daily Candy) Great source for finding party supplies that are kind to the planet.
- Polar Bears Float Past Houses of Parliament in London - (EarthFirst)
- Scotland Makes Fuel from Whiskey - (EarthFirst)
- Europe's Grass-Lined Green Railways = Good Urban Design - (Inhabitat) Super cool looking, but wonder how much water is used in keeping the lawn grass green? Would be better if some other type of vegetation was used.
Political & Social Stuff
- Obama Directs EPA to Reconsider Bush Era Denial of Auto Emission Waiver - (Global Warming Is Real)
Other Random Cool Stuff
- The Smallest Tesla Vehicle Ever - (Inhabitat) Haha - it's a Hot Wheels car.
- Bloggy Giveaways ~ Mama Goes Green: Earthlust Bottle - (Recycle Your Day)