Family, Kids & Health Stuff
- Everyone is Getting Sacked - (ecofabulous) We LOVE the SwaddleMe sack by Kiddopotamus...now that there's an organic cotton version, even better!
- New study and new dangers of the old texic Teflon chemical - (Enviroblog) Women of child bearing age - read this!
- Eco Book: LU and the Earth Bug Crew! - (Recycle Your Day) Kids book review.
- Book review: Food Fray - Everything you wanted to know about GM food - (green LA girl) Definitely worth taking a look. The general public needs to understand what's going on here.
- Peanut Butter Recall Hits More Natural Foods: Uncle Eddie's Vegan PB Cookies - (Eco Child's Play)
- Feds Find roaches and Mold in Peanut butter Recall Plant - (Eco Child's Play) Because salmonella wasn't enough.
- Green Castle: Live Like a King (in 1,500 Sq Ft) - (EcoGeek) Sometimes smaller is better.
- Fresh Wave, Natural Odor Elimination - (Focus Organic) All natural odor eliminators...got good reviews here. Anyone else try these??
- Bird Island: Zero Energy Home in Kuala Lumpur - (Inhabitat) How'd you like to live in this house?! (we would)
- BPA, PVC and Phthalate Free Dog Toy Buying Guide - (The Soft Landing Blog) For our canine loving friends.
Beauty & Fashion Stuff
- Louella Bloom Organic Cotton Panties - (EcoStiletto) Cute, simple and affordable. Read post for a discount, plus a tip for men's organic undies.
- Recycled Aluminum Earrings - (Great Green Goods) These are kinda cute, especially the Multi-discs one.
Tech & Science Stuff
- Western Digital Releases Energy-Efficient 2TB Hard Drive - (CleanTechnica)
- New $3 LED Bulb Lasts 60 Years - (CleanTechnica)
Work & Business Stuff
- Green Chamber of Commerce - "The Green Chamber of Commerce is a national, membership-based organization that is dedicated to fostering the success of businesses large and small that are committed to environmental and social responsibility." Wonder how this compares to Coop America/Green America (of which Coco-Zen is a member)??
- Gig List - Jan. 29, 2009 - (Green Gigs) Here's today's list of green job postings.
School, College & Student Stuff
- Teen Climate Champ Warms Schools to Solar Power - (Treehugger) We LOVE teens doing green things!
Nature & Environment Stuff
- The Bizarre Phenomenon of Ball Lightening - (EarthFirst)
- The Smallest Monkeys in the World - (Enivornmental Graffiti) Because we're suckers for cute furry critters.
Arts, Entertainment & Travel Stuff
- Summer Rayne Oaks: A Model of Sustainability - (EcoStiletto) She's an enviroscientist, author, eco-designer and jet-setting model - sheesh! We're waiting to see what her Payless line of eco-friendly shoes are going to look like.
- Top 10 Celebrity Homes That Should Go Solar - (Green Building Elements) Some fun light reading.
- Cote d'Ivoire & Conflict Cocoa - (Change.org: Fair Trade) "Reports of economic imbalance and child labor are unfortunate facts surrounding the cocoa industry, leaving many cocoa farmers in poverty. Now, a recent program by Al Jazeera network has pointed out the cocoa trade's role in the violent conflict occurring in the Ivory Coast, one of the top cocoa producing countries in the world."
- Mexico turns toward alternative energy - (Associated Press)
- Shanghai: Where Bomb Shelters Become Bars - (Environmental Graffiti) Hey, at least they're reusing!
- 80% of Amazon Deforestation Stems from Cattle Ranching - (Planetsave) That's cattle ranching for human consumption. Maybe we could all do with a little less meat on our plate??
Other Random Cool Stuff
- Polish Your Shoes With A Banan Peel (VIDEO) - (The Huffington Post) Wow, wonder if this really works. Guess you could call this all natural and organic (if you use an organic banana) shoe polish!
- Join Oprah and Be Our (Green) Valentine - (Global Exchange Fair Trade Store) Coco-Zen is now in Global Exchange's Berkeley store!!
- Global Exchange's 2nd National Valentine's Day of Action: Win Prizes for Participating - (Eco Child's Play) Educators, take part in the Fair Trade Curriculum...read about it here.
- Another Transition: Wal-Mart's Incoming CEO Declares "Sustainability is not Optional" - (Sustainablog) He's even quoted as saying, "...the leaders that get ahead in Wal-Mart will be the ones who demonstrate their commitment to sustainability." We'll be interested to see how Wal-Mart lives up to this.
- The Waterpod: a Floating Eco-Habitat - (Inhabitat) In May, this will be floating down the East River to New York Harbor. If you're there, keep an out out for this.