What is Coco-Zen?

Coco-Zen is a state of nirvana achieved by surrendering to the taste and aroma
of luscious, rich chocolate.

It's knowing that you are helping our planet and its people,
because all of our treats are handmade from organic and Fair Trade Certified™ chocolate.

A state of ecstasy, peace and harmony, Coco-Zen is oneness with chocolate.

**************************

Wednesday, December 17, 2008

From Joyce's Desk: Gift to Our Readers - One Day of Carbon Neutrality

So, in my daily scouring of the web for "green stuff", I learned about this viral campaign called One Day from Brighter Planet which allows people to give the gift of carbon neutrality for one day...at no cost to the "giver"!! - other than just filling in name and email address. The amount of carbon offsets given is based on current estimates that the average American emits 136 pounds of carbon dioxide each day.

I found this campaign on EcoSalon (a green blog/news site that I subscribe to) who was doing what I'm now doing of passing along this gift. I figured what the hell, I'll participate - they just need my name and email address. After clicking EcoSalon's gift link and filling in One Day's little entry form, I almost immediately received an email saying:

"Congrats, you're now carbon neutral for a day! 136 pounds of carbon offsets have been donated in your name by Brighter Planet."
Included in the email was a link allowing me to now pass on this gift to 5 other people.

So...to you, our readers, I'd like to pay this gift forward. The first 5 people to clink on this link (or the badge below) will receive carbon offsets from Brighter Planet to cover one day. Hope you'll join in and pass your own gift of carbon neutrality to 5 more people. Not only will you be helping to create more carbon offsets, but you'll be spreading awareness about clean energy.

Who knows, maybe the link will work on more than just the first 5...we haven't tested it out yet :)

One Day from Brighter Planet

No comments: