Gold Nanoparticles Could Transform Trees Into Street Lights
Family, Kids & Health Stuff
- iPhones and Cell Phones May Have Potentially Deadly Side Effects for Kids - (Inhabitots) Okay, this is potentially pretty scary.
- Boon Glo LED Nightlight With Portable Glowing Balls - (Inhabitots) These are neat!
- 10 Freakiest Things About Frankenfish - (The Huffington Post) GMO fish may soon be headed for our grocery stores without even being required to be labeled!!
- Farmed Salmon Exposed: The Global Reach of the Norwegian Salmon Farming Industry - (Organic Consumers Association) Some videos here worth watching.
- Chocolate is getting greener - (Examiner.com) Well...it's always been green here at Coco-Zen!
- Chocolate: Worth its weight in gold? - (The Independent) Maybe chocolate shouldn't be sold so cheap, huh?
- 10 of the smallest homes in the world - (Mother Nature Network) Not sure how livable some of these are, but pretty cool to look at.
Beauty & Fashion Stuff
- Compassionate Coats: Feather And Fuzz Free - (GirlieGirl Army) Some gorgeous vegan coats to covet.
- Vintage-Inspired Newspaper Costumes Are Black, White, Read All Over - (Ecouterre) Haha...just a litte green fashion fun.
- 4-in-1 Sneaker by Nat-2 Offers Endless Built-in Options - (Ecouterre) Neat...can see kids mixing up the colors already!
- Gustav Reyes' Natural Wood Bracelets, Rings Are Wearable Sculptures - (Ecouterre) Diggin' some of these bracelets.
Tech & Science Stuff
- Massive Solar Serpent Winds Along the Santa Monica Freeway - (Inhabitat) Now this is kinda cool!
- Gold Nanoparticles Could Transform Trees Into Street Lights - (Inhabitat) Now that would be cool...living street lights!
Arts, Entertainment & Travel Stuff
- Incredible Miniature Sculptures Carved From Pencil Tips - (Inhabitat) Now here's something to do with used up old pencil stubs!
- The Largest Ice Hotel on Earth - (Environmental Graffiti) Wow...this is kinda cool!
- NPR: Morning Edition - A comedienne has collected the phone messages left by her very over-protective mother...seriously hilarious! (saw this on GirlieGirl Army)
- Earth 350: the First Global Climate Change Art Show - (Environmental Graffiti)
- Sonnenschiff: Solar City Produces 4X the Energy it Consumes - (Inhabitat) How cool if all cities were like this?
Other Random Cool Stuff
- 'Trash is Cash:' Kenyan kids rap about a green revolution - (Mother Nature Network) "A hip-hop group made up of kids who grew up around Nairobi's slums rhythmically illustrates how recycling can create a new green economy."