http://www.playingforchange.com - Hello everyone,
Today our heroes and soul brothers, Roger Ridley and Grandpa Elliott, return for a new song around the world, "Sitting on the dock of the bay", featured on our new PFC 2 album. I once asked Roger why with such a powerful voice like his he was singing on the streets, he replied, "I am in the joy business, I come out here to be with the people". Roger and Grandpa have brought so much joy to the life of millions and today we are blessed to see them reunited again. We all shine on and Roger's light is as bright as the sun!!
Follow the link below to order the new album and support Playing For Change by telling all your friends and family to join the movement at http://playingforchange.com
Order "PFC2: Songs Around The World" now on Amazon.com: http://amzn.to/PFCsatw2
Sunday, July 31, 2011
Sunday, July 24, 2011
- NASA's Pee Recycling Bag Turns Urine Into a Sports Drink - (Inhabitat) Hmmm....would you drink it??
- America's First Packaging-Free Grocery Store to Open in Austin, TX - (TIME NewsFeed) Love this!!!!
- QR Codes Help Protest Hershey's Child Labor Practices - (PSFK) "It’s been over a decade since chocolate companies have vowed to end child labor and trafficking in cocoa supply chains, but one of biggest chocolate giants is still enforcing child labor to make its treats..."
Beauty & Fashion Stuff
- Pretty Pushers: Hospital Gown Go Couture - (GirlieGirl Army) OK... these are pretty cute! You can be fashionable while in labor!
- Linda Loudermilk Debuts World's First Compostable Swimsuit - (Ecouterre) Cool...it composts underground in 180 days!
Tech & Science Stuff
- Japanese Robo-Suit Enables Paralyzed Man to Visit France - (Inhabitat) Pretty cool!!
- The Oh-So Sexy Plugin-Hybrid Fisker Karma Hits the Road - (Greenwala) Our dream car!!! ...and the name is sexy too!
- MIT Unveils Flexible Solar Cells Printed on Paper - (Inhabitat) Can be printed on paper of fabric... imagine the possibilities!
Nature & Environment Stuff
- ExxonMobil Oil Spill Ravages the Shores of the Yellowstone River - (Inhabitat) Great... yet another spill.
- Fish Photographed using Tools to Eat - (Wired.com) Hmmm...smart fish!
- How clean is your favorite beach? - (CNN.com) "...found that U.S. beaches saw the second-highest number of closing and advisory days in more than 20 years last year -- up 29% from 2009..."
- Researchers find plastic in more than 9% of fish in northern Pacific Ocean - (Los Angeles Times) "...fish in the middle depths of the northern Pacific Ocean are ingesting as much as 24,000 tons of plastic each year."
Arts, Entertainment & Travel Stuff
- Captain Planet is Coming to a Big Screen Near You!! - (Greenwala) Hmmm...maybe it's time to repost all those old Captain Planet videos we have in our blog archive.
- 6 Amazing Eco-Island Resorts that Combine Luxury and Sustainable Innovation - (Inhabitat) Places for us to dream about... someday...
Other Random Cool Stuff
- 6 Incredible Green Projects That Put Poop to Use! - (Inhabitat) It's poop power!
- The Best Inventions That Never Happened - (GirlieGirl Army) Some of these are funny... but we do love the shoe drawer built into the staircase!
- Hack Things Better With Crazy Cool Material Sugru - (TreeHugger) This might be the coolest thing ever for all us do-it-yourself'ers that like to fix things up. Check out this cool video on "Do The Green Thing" too.
- 6 High-Flying Treehouses for the True Escapist - (Inhabitat) How fun!
- Survey ranks San Francisco as the greenest U.S. city - (Mother Nature Network) Check out what other cities made the list.
Sunday, July 17, 2011
"http://playingforchange.com/episodes/40/ - Hello everyone, today we are honored to share with you all the first video from our new CD/DVD titled, "PFC2: Songs Around the World". This video is a version of "Redemption Song" performed around the world in honor of Bob Marley's birthday. We have reunited Bob with his son Stephen and the support of the entire planet. In this song there is a felling of rising above the past and moving forward with love in our hearts and hope in our eyes.
Follow the link below to pre-order the album and support Playing For Change by telling all your friends and family to join the movement.
Pre-Order "PFC2: Songs Around The World" now on Amazon.com: http://amzn.to/PFCsatw2"
Tuesday, July 5, 2011
- Top 5 Urban Farms in New York City - (Inhabitat)
- Ask Paula Dean, Rachael Ray, Bobby Flay, Emeril for Fair Trade S'Mores This Summer - (Change.org) We did... you just do it on Twitter, easy!!
- Top 10 Things You Should Know About The Farm Bill - (Environmental Working Group) This really a food bill, and all of us should be aware of what's going on with how food/nutrition is handled here in the US.
- Edible Cups Make Delicious Addition to Any Party - (Greenwala) How great are these for you next summer cocktail party?!! Just think, not more cups to wash or trash!
- Foods that make you happy - (Greenwala) Well, we always knew that chocolate was "happy" food, just make it fair trade and organic and it's happy for everyone!
- Mars vows to use 100 per cent fairtrade cocoa - (The Co-operative Magazine) Woo hoo... now if only Hershey and Nestle would follow suit.
Tech & Science Stuff
- iBamboo: Natural, Electricity-Free, & Uber Cool iPod Speakers - (Greenwala) Yup, this would look pretty cool in our "zen den."
- Spain's Gemasolar Array is the World's first 24/7 Solar Power Plant! - (Inhabitat)
- T-Shirt Converts Rock Music Into Electricity at Glastonbury Festival - (Ecouterre) We can hear it now... "turn up the radio, I need to charge my phone!"
- New Air Powered Car Will Soon Be Floating Around India's Streets - (Greenwala) "The Air Car, developed by ex-Formula One engineer Guy NAgre for Luxembourg-based MDI, uses compressed air, as opposed to the gas-and-oxygen explosions of internal-combustion models, to push its engine's pistons..." Seriously cool!!
Nature & Environment Stuff
- Ocean life on the brink of mass extinctions: study - (Reuters) C'mon people... when the ocean goes, we go!!
- Japan's tsunami debris set for 10-year Pacific tour - (Mother Nature Network) More "great" news from Japan...
- Spiders Create Massive Tree-Webs in Pakistan - (Greenwala) Whoa...you have to check out this pic!
Political, Social & Economy Stuff
- Blood and Oil - (Sierra Magazine) "The U.S. military is embracing alternative energy—but not because of climate change. Up to half of the yearly American casualties in Iraq and Afghanistan have been incurred guarding fuel convoys, and the Pentagon will no longer tolerate oil's 'burden in blood.'"
- Climate of Denial - (Rolling Stone Politics) Nice article by Al Gore...
Other Random Cool Stuff
- 16 simple ways to reduce plastic waste - (Mother Nature Network) Most of these things we can all do with very little "pain"... c'mon, give it a try!
- How Much Coal is in Your Life? - (Sierra Club) "With over 500 dirty coal-fired power plants in the U.S., coal is in our air, water and our lives... Answer three simple questions -- where you live, what you eat, and how you live -- and you will learn how you and your family are being affected by coal pollution."