- 7 Unique Eco-Friendly Spring Break Activities - (Inhabitots) Because you gotta keep the kiddies busy!
- The Soy Debate Rages On - (GirlieGirl Army) Interesting article...
- RECIPE: Fresh Berry And Earl Grey Tea Tarts - (GirlieGirl Army) Mmmm...looks and sounds delish (and it's a vegan recipe!).
- Monsanto is Poisoning Us All: Famous Scientist, Don Huber Exposes Hazards of Monsanto's Roundup Herbicide - (Organic Consumers Association)
- Sustainability of West African cocoa growing questioned - (ConfectioneryNews.com) Why organic farming methods are so important.
- Sustainable Agriculture Can Feed the World - (CCOF) Read new report released by the UN... (download PDF file by clicking on the link)
- Beautiful Norwegian Homes Topped with Lush Green Roofs - (Inhabitat) Not just a garden, but a whole forest on some these houses!
- Gorgeous Energy-Absorbing Trap Light Never Needs to be Plugged In - (Inhabitat) Oooohhhh, how pretty are these for the patio or backyard?!!
Beauty & Fashion Stuff
- Roma Rain Boots - These are like Tom's, but for rain boots... buy a pair, then they give a pair to a child in need. Plus these boots are made from natural latex rubber!
- Need Space? "Portable Home" is a Skirt That Transforms Into a Tent - (Ecouterre) Oh... just a little fun green fashion whimsy...
Tech & Science Stuff
- MIT Scientists Create Artificial Solar Leaf That Can Power Homes - (Inhabitat) Awesome!!
- Chicago's Willis Tower (formerly the Sears Tower) to Become a Vertical Solar Farm - (Inhabitat) "...turning North America’s tallest building into a huge urban vertical solar farm."
- Researchers create car that can be steered by thought - (Mother Nature Network) Say what??? (video in post)
School, College & Student Stuff
- Unexpectedly Green: Los Angeles Elementary Schools Embrace Eco-Friendly Education - (EcoMom Blog) This makes us happy...
- Middle School Students Tell LAUSD: No More Styrofoam! - (GOOD) Thank goodness kids are the future...
Nature & Environment Stuff
- A New Oil Spill in the Gulf of Mexico - and Insight into the Causes of the Old Spill - (TIMES.com) Just great...
- Endangered Hawaiian Sea Turtles Surfing, in Stunning Underwater Photos - (TreeHugger.com) Beautiful pics of some beautiful creatures...
- HOW TO: Make a Recycled Glass Terrarium - (Inhabitots) This is a great kids project...think spring break!!
- Ocean Noise Pollution Blowing Holes in Squids' Heads - (DiscoveryNews.com)
Arts, Entertainment & Travel Stuff
- Great inns open only to those with good hiking shoes - (Mother Nature Network) For all you hikers out there...
- The Water Family - Did you know the average American home uses over 120,000 gallons of water a year? That’s enough to fill nearly six swimming pools. Check out this great online game designed to help families learn how to reduce their water footprint.
- Organic Deals - Cool site to get great deals on green & organic items!
Political, Social & Economy Stuff
- Despite Gulf oil spill, rig owner executives get big bonuses - (CNN.com) Great...just lovely.
- Longtime oil industry champion now calls BP liars, almost a year after oil spill - (NOLA.com) Did anyone really expect the oil company to live up to their promises???